The Foundation is delighted to announce its award of £43,534 to Scottish Refugee Council
Funding innovation, equity and excellence
We do this through operating two separate grant programmes:
- Learning and Life Chances awards: a grant programme to which only the College and its Students Association may apply;
- Community Partnerships Programme: for not-for-profit organisations operating in the areas served by the College.
The three key outcomes that the Foundation seeks to achieve through all of its grant giving are:
- A. Effective Learning: equity in accessing the best educational opportunities,
- B. Improving Pedagogy: demonstrating effective practice, increasing educator confidence and increasing learner attainment;
- C. Increased capability and capacity of the College and its partners to deliver on the first two themes.
On 30 May 2018, over 2000 young people flocked to the SECC in Glasgow to participate in Scotland’s first TEDx (TED-like) event focused on young people.
At the Foundation’s AGM and Annual Showcase event of funded projects on 26 September 2017, Trustees were delighted to host the launch of A Material World